DATA file is a file that developers create along with some APK packages to support the application. The DATA files contain bundles of large assets. These files carry encrypted DATA including media and graphics that is not included in the APK file.
This post will tell you how to install the APK files that have the ‘DATA file’ or ‘DATA file’ with them.
You cannot install APK with DATA file directly on your smartphone. You need to have a PC or a laptop.
To install the APK with DATA, you will need to have:
- PC or Laptop
- APK file
- DATA or DATA folder (usually a zip file downloaded from internet)
After getting all the required files you need to connect your phone with your PC via USB cable or Bluetooth connection.
You can also use a memory card for this purpose.
How to install unknown sources Apps APK file to Android
Out of the box, your Android device only allows you to install apps from Google Play Store. To install software anywhere else, you have to enable installation from third-party sources. That is, enable the “Unknown Sources” setting.
- From the Homescreen go to Settings >> More.
- Go to Security >> Device administration.
- Check “Unknown Sources“
This will enable you to install apps from sources other than the Play Store.
You may need to adjust this according to your Android models. For some users, simply go to Settings -> Security and make sure Unknown Sources is checked. Sometimes you meet the problem of can’t downloading apps.
Do remember to make sure the Unknown sources is checked so you can download APK files other than the Play Store.
Why do we need to download apps from “Unknowns sources”?
If you know an update is out, but the Play Store hasn’t yet pushed it to your device, all you can do is wait. And even if you want to get software from the Play Store but have to download the APK manually to get around regional restrictions, you won’t be able to install it without enabling access to unknown sources.
Install APK on Your Android Phone
First you need to install the APK file on your android phone. In order to do that, simply follow the steps below:
- Place the APK file in your phone’s SDcard or Internal memory (preferably external SDcard).
- Browse your phone memory/external memory and tap on the APK file.
- Click ‘install’
- Wait for the APK to install.
- Do not run the application yet.
- After successful installation, you need to place the DATA file in the right place.
Where to put the DATA file?
- First of all unzip/extract the downloaded DATA file in your PC or laptop.
- Copy the ‘DATA’ folder and place it into the given path:
External SD Card > Android > DATA > **paste the folder here**
- If you cannot find the DATA folder, you can create a new folder manually.
- Make sure that the files are successfully copied in your SDcard.
- Disconnect your phone from PC.
- Run the APK file now.
That’s it. You have successfully complete the process. You can now enjoy the full features of APK on your android phone.